Protect & Look After Younger Minds
Mental health issues affect everyone, especially the young. According to the Office for National Statistics, 10% of children and young people suffer with clinically diagnosable mental health problems. Are you able to identify and assist with mental health issues that may arise with the children and young adults you work with? Do you have procedures in place to spot the warning signs, and improve the wellbeing of those around you?
That’s where First Aid Courses Manchester can help.
The latest guidelines recommend that at least two members of your staff (preferably male and female) are trained in Mental Health First Aid.
With our Mental Health Child & Youth First Aid course, approved by the FAIB (First Aid Industry Body) and CPD Certification Service, you’ll gain a deep understanding of the mental health issues affecting children and young adults – and gain the confidence needed to step in and assist those in distress.
Each course includes in-depth training, real-world scenarios and recommendations, and non-judgemental Q&As. Attendees also receive recognised certification, in addition to our detailed mental health workbook.
We can train yourself and your staff on-site, or at our training venue.
We offer both 1-day and 2-day courses, depending on the level of depth required.
It’s time to become Mental Health aware.
Book your course below, or get in touch to discuss your requirements.
What You’ll Learn & More
- Mental Health Child & Youth First Aid – 2 Day Course
- Incorporates all essential Mental Health First Aid, for children andyoung adults (ages 5 to 16)
- Covers bullying, anxiety, eating disorders, body dysmorphia, selfharm, drugs, depression, personality disorders, OCD, schizophrenia, and more
- Recommendations on how to make your school a better place
- Group activities – including wellbeing sessions
- Includes workbook for you to keep
- Fully customised to meet the needs of each group, including open, non-judgemental Q&As
- £1100 + VAT (£1320)
- For up to 15 people
- 2 days of training, at your location
What Can You Expect?
At First Aid Courses Manchester, we offer courses that are engaging and hands-on, so you’ll always remember what you’ve learned. You can expect each attendee to leave with all the skills needed to save a life.